I know these are late but I wanted you to be able to see the beautiful place that we went last week. Monday we went drove to Dinosaur, Utah. It is a place way out in the desert where they found a massive grave of dinosaurs bones. The observatory, where the largest part of the bones are, was closed because the building is falling apart. Inside the building there are whole dinosaur's skeletons that were just sticking out of the ground. They built the building around them to protect them but now the building is unsafe. They said it won't be open again until 2011. I'm sure we will go back one day. But it was all so beautiful. Abigail was still sick and woke up with spots all over Monday morning. The doctor FINALLY called back so we could get some antibiotic called in. She looked so pitiful. You can't see from this picture very good but she was covered.
This was the first part we stopped at that was on the closest side of the reserve. There was nothing there to see so we had to drive another 20 miles to the observatory.
The pictures don't capture the color very well. There are many colorful layers all in the landscape. I can't see how someone could see all this and not believe in the flood!
This was cool! It looks like a dinosaur back in the mountain.


Real thigh bone found here.
Replica of bones found.
There is a trail, about 3/4 mile, that you can still walk down. A small bus took us up to the trail from here.
Going down the trail to see some bones still in the ground.
This is the biggest dinosaur bone that we saw.
There is another bone under the arrow on the left side of the picture.
Back down the trail. I wasn't about to let Abigail down here!
A huge rock we saw on the way back down the trail.
Strike a Pose!
My girls love to pose!
Abigail was not feeling good and did not want anyone but Mommy. Again the layers of color prove to me that the Bible is true and the flood did this. There are fossils of shellfish all over in these rocks.
If you look beside my head on the rock there is a carving of a horse or something. It was interesting. Some inconsiderate people also carved their names in the rock under that. I hate when people carve their names in things especially at a national monument!!!




.jpg)
5 comments:
Hi Tammy! This is Renee (Swaringen-Cauthen). I don't know if you remember me or not, but I went to school with Ken back in the d-a-y! :) I found your blog through Amy C's and thought I would say hi!
The dinosaurs look AMAZING! I would so love to visit something like that one day. It's cool also that you can make creation and the flood come alive for your kiddos.
Talk to you later!
Renee
Hey Tammy, I wish that we could go there too. Just seeing pictures of out west makes me want to go back. Cameron has said many times how Naomi got to dig for DINOSAURS! Glad that ya'll are back.
~Amy
Great pictures, Tammy! I like the one of Naomi holding up the rock. Very cute. And I'm sure Ken appreciates you putting him on there with a pink bag on his shoulder. But tell him, it didn't go with the shoes. LOL hehehe
~Kristi
Hey girl, I tagged you to do a MEME. Come to Music & Notes to see.
~Amy
Have have given you an award.. go check out my blog for the details..
~taylor
Post a Comment